Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Write Songs, Too!

I don't want to turn this blog into a vehicle of self-promotion, but in case anyone wants to hear my work, my song "Mandarin" (lyrics by me, music by the brilliant Julianne Wick Davis) will be performed in Songs by Ridiculously Talented Composers and Lyricists You Probably Don't Know But Should, a cabaret at Barrington that Bill Finn puts together every year. He teaches a master lyric writing class in the Graduate Musical Theatre Writing Program at NYU, and the cabaret is made up of his favorite material from current and previous students. I'm really excited something of mine is included this year, especially since this particlar song is very personal.

And while you're out there, check out Memory Is The Mother Of All Wisdom, a two-person musical with words by my friend and classmate, Sara Cooper, and music by my thesis collaborator, Zach Redler.

The cabaret is September 4-5, and Memory is playing September 5-6. Pittsfield, MA is pretty isolated, but you're in for some great theatre if you make the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment